Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Frozen Pipe in the Workshop and Rounded Over the Table Top

Yesterday was the coldest day in Lakewood, it got down to -11F.  Part of my shop is not heated all the time and the cold water pipe froze and cracked.  So now I have a plumbing project when it gets a little warmer so that we can have water in the shop again.
I finished the smoothing over of the table edge that I started yesterday,  I used files and carving chisel.  So, now I was ready to round over the bottom.  I used the 3/4" round over bit that I had tried on the test board.  I made several light passes by slowly raising the bit, this reduced the amount burning on the side of the table top.
The only problem now is that I am not sure that I like the way it sits on the top of frame.  I took some close ups and looked at it from several angles.  I think it is ok but I may make another to see if it could be better.
So here is the video for today's work:

No comments:

Post a Comment