Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Lot of Hand Work to Get the Top Smooth Again

Well I finished routing out the 1/4 inch off of the table top.  And no matter how careful I was it did not leave a smooth surface.  I was very disappointed in grooves that were left by the router.  I checked all of the equipment to see where the problem might have been but I do not see any defect in the process that I used.
So, one table top is routed and I started to plane and scrape the surface smooth.  It is just about completed and I am satisfied that the top is going to be acceptable.  For now, I am not going to route the other top that I made.
The next thing I have to figure out is how to carve the molding around the outside edge.
Here is the video from today's work:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment