Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

January comes in like a lion and finished the knee blocks

What a winter day.  I got up at 7am to snowblow the driveway and sidewalks.  That did no good because in a couple of hours it looked like I did nothing.  Let it snow, I am going nowhere today.  I did snowblow again at 5pm but with the blowing I sure I will have to do it again in the morning.
I did file and sand the knee blocks on the last 2 legs today and then I glued the legs to the frame.  I used both strap clamps.  I also glued and nailed the 2 side turrets to the ends of the table frame.  While I am waiting for them to dry I turned my attention to the stock for the top.  I have 2 wide boards 20" and 22" that I may used for the top.  I started to flatten one this afternoon and we will see if it good enough for the top.
So here is the video of today's work.

2 comments:

  1. Dave, where do you get the wide boards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horizon Wood Products in Pa. But you can get some wide live edge stock local at Metro Hardwoods

      Delete