Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Continue to work on methods to hollow out the top and start to work on the first full table top

Well I did spend some time in the shop today.  Even though there was playoff football on tv.  I did work on just how I am going to hollow out the top by 1/4" and then carve the molding along the edge.  I made a template to use my router with the collar to cut a 1/4" deep by 1/4" wide groove which matched the circle and straight edge shapes.  Look like this is going to work.  Then I have to hog out the rest of the table using the router and a bowl bit which is flat bottomed.  There is going to be a lot of dust so I'll use a mask, safety goggles and hearing protection.  The layout the pattern for the full table top has been ascribed to the bottom of the table top.  I have started to saw out the pattern.
Here is the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment