Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Carving the Underside of the Table Top - Last Step in the Top Creation

This table top has been a lot more work than I anticipated.  If you has watched the earlier videos and followed along, I have be working on this top for quite awhile.  Well, I admit that I did make two!  But making the second has not been that much additional work.  In the last post I was scraping the molding on the top, I finished that and now I am carving the corners of the circles on the bottom of the top.  These have to come together in a crisp 90 degree angle.  So, I did not think it would take that much time to carve, scrape and sand my way around the top.  Well, I was wrong again.  It was a tedious process and took almost 4 hours altogether.  It done now and so is the top except for sanding and finishing.  I am going to mount it, so I do a little planning on using the table buttons.
Here is the next video, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment