Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2014

I Have Been Everywhere on Vacation

Well it has been awhile since my last post, I have been on vacation to Seattle, Vancouver, Napa Valley and White Sulphur Springs, WV.  Some trip.  I won't bore you with the details but I drank a lot of wine.  Here is one picture.


I am back in the shop today after 3 weeks.  I needed to work on the drawings for the curved front lowboy.  I need to detail the curved blocking on the front and make sure I have it right.   I want a 3/4" bow on the drawer fronts.  Using my compass I traced the circles. It turned out to be about a 6 1/4 inch radius circle to produce the 3/4 inch bow across the 6 inches of the drawer front.
The top diagram is the apron. It will be made from 2 1/2 inch stock or I could glue it up since only the front shows. There are two other drawer blades which can be made from 3/4 inch stock.  I can use these drawings to make card board templates to bandsaw and shape the various parts.
Here are the drawer front details.
The drawer fronts will be 1 3/4 inch stock. The drawer sides will be 7/16".
Tomorrow I am going to Keim Lumber in Charm, Ohio to purchase some 12/4 Mahogany for the legs.  I have the balance of the material needed to make the lowboy in the shop left over from my trip to Irion Lumber this last summer.
I'll fill you in tomorrow when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment