Search This Blog

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Warm Weather and a Good Time to Spray Shellac

It was a warm day today by comparison to what weather we have been having it got up to 45F.

I am able to open the shop door and run a exhaust fan to help remove the spray mist.   I wear a mask with new cartridges.   I mixed up some dark and blonde  de-waxed shellac yesterday so I was all set to go.   I wait between 15 to 30 minutes between spray coats.  I use a 1 1/2 lb cut to spray and adjust the spray gun to apply a light coat to help prevent runs.   So, all went pretty well and the shellac is applied.  Now I will wait 4 or 5 days before I sand and steel wool to remove the dust nubs and orange peel.  So here is today's short video.

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done Dave. That one warm day is just what you needed.
    Will there be an afternoon tea for the ladies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I guess the warm day is over since we had 3 inches of snow over night. Just lucky I could squeeze it in. Now I have to pick a new project, any ideas are welcomed

      Delete