Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Starting a New Project for My Wife - 21st Century Furniture - TV Stand and Cabinet

Well I have to do a project for my wife, she wants a tv stand for the parlor.  We picked out a design from a web site and made some modifications to suite her desires.   SWMBO.  Look it up if you don't know what is means.
I have decided to make it from poplar and stain to match the color she wants.  We will pick that out later.
I made a scale drawing and got approval to proceed.  I have a quite a bit of wide poplar on hand so I can dive in.
She wants turned feet to match the chair that is in the parlor, so I am going to start with the turning.
I do not have 16/4 poplar to turn but I have maple so that is what I am going to use.
So here is today's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment