Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

Progress on the TV Cabinet - Making the raised panel doors

Well I got back into the shop today and made the raised panel doors.  I used the tenoning jig on the table saw to cut the bevel on the door fronts.  I should have make a proper jig but was too lazy.
So as a result, the back end of the door panel was slightly thicker than the top.  So I had to hand plan the bevel to even out the thickness.  So there are no short cuts, I spent as much time as I would have to build the jig to do it right.
I sanded the panels and frame parts, since I am going to stain them now.  This is because the panels will shrink in the winter and show bare wood if you don't stain prior to assembly.
So I had my wife pick out a stain color and I finished the doors prior to the glue up.
So here is today video:

No comments:

Post a Comment