Search This Blog

Friday, February 28, 2014

Back to the Shop - Spraying the Water Based Dye and Rubout

Well I am back from my 2 week sabbatical in sunny Florida.  Tough duty but someone had to do it.  When we got back on Wednesday the low over night was zero and it snowed.  I am soooo glad to be back.  Should have stayed another 2 weeks.
I got back into the shop today and picked up where I left off.  Ready to spray the English Brown Mahogany water based dye.
I used about 16 oz and as you can see in the video it got all over the table, but most things were covered.   I used what is called a dry spray which is higher pressure and lower volume to make the spray go on lightly and hopefully not run.   It came out ok.  After it dried, I rubbed it out with 0000 steel wool to remove any fuzzies that were caused by the water spray.
Now I am mixing up a 2 lb. cut of dewaxed shellac, I have both dark and blond.  I am going to start with the dark and then switch to the blond.
So here is today video.

No comments:

Post a Comment