Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Progress on the TV Stand

Well I have made some progress on the TV Stand.  I have glued up the top and then routed a edge around on 3 sides.  Then after sanding I drilled elongated holes in the sub structure for the screws to hold on the top.  The top will expand and contract with changes in humidity, so the elongated holes allow the top to move.
I milled the material for the doors and used my router set to make cope and stick frame for the solid raised panel doors.  I used a piece of scrap wood to make a sample raised panel door for my wife review and hopefully approve.
Lastly I attached the turned feet to the cabinet with glue and a single 2 1/2 inch screw.  I plugged the screw hole on the inside of the cabinet.
So here is today's video:

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dave, me again.

    Any reason you didn't break out the hollows and rounds for the top profile?

    It's looking great.

    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it but since it is 21st century furniture I decided to use the router. I had the bit so it was quicker to use the one that I had. Now if it is 18th century furniture then I would have to use the hollows and rounds

    ReplyDelete