Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Completed the Table Top Today and Redesigned the Knee Blocks

I completed the table top today using a round over bit in my router table.  It is a messy, noisy, dusty machine but it comes in handy from time to time.  It made quick work of rounding over the two halves of the table top.

 I positioned the top on table and it is sitting flat and the curves match the front.  So I am happy the way it turned out.
I have to install the hinge in the two halves yet but I will do that later.  I also adjusted the swinging legs a little and they seem to be working ok.  As warm and humid as it is right now, I think they will fit even better in the winter when it is dry.
So on to the knee blocks and the last of the carving.  I was not happy with the last knee block design that I did, I thought it was too thin.  I redesigned them to be much more round.

The old one is in my hand, the new design is on the table leg.  Quite a difference.
I glued on two of them so they could dry over night.  Tomorrow I will carve them and make the rest and glue them on.  I should finish carving the following day.
Here is today's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment