Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Working on the Second Ball and Claw Foot for the Table

I haven't posted for a few days because I painted the porch and other chores.  But I have been working on carving the second ball and claw foot.  I have learned how to make my Canon camera perform time lapse photography.  Some enterprising programmer hacked the Canon Powershot line of cameras with his own operating system.  Now I have total control over my camera.
On longer tasks, it makes much more sense to do time lapse pictures instead of video.  I can also do time lapse video, but I try that at some later time.
I set up the camera and started carving.  I broke the time lapse video into 3 video sets so it shouldn't be quite as boring.
I will post links here to all three when I get them up on Youtube.
In the first video I take the foot that I started earlier with carving the foot into a cylinder and I work on the rear talon and muscles at the top of the back.  This is so I can locate where I want to put the hole for the opening between the ball and the back talon.  You will see me make the hole in the second video.  In the first video the goal is to start to round over the top of the ball on the back sides and create the rear talon and locate the position for the hole.
So here goes.  Let me know what you think of the time lapse video.

No comments:

Post a Comment