Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Completed the Knee Carving - Ready to Make the Frame

I completed the knee carving on the second leg today.  Did a little clean up of the carving with files,  no sandpaper in case I want to go back to carving to touch up something.
Here is what they look like:

I still wonder if I should have glued on the knee blocks and did all the carving now.  I did that when I made a lowboy a few years ago.
There are the four legs side by side.
Tomorrow I will cut out the front and sides and make the tenons.  I want them to be tight,  the Townsend Card Table pictures that I have do not show any pegs in the joints.  So I will not be adding them, but the pictures do show glue blocks in the corners.

1 comment:

  1. Well done David, well done. Those legs deserve an outstanding frame and top, and I know you'll deliver just that.
    See you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete