Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Back from Vacation and Completed the 2nd Ball and Claw

My wife and I were on vacation and went to visit my daughter in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Had a great time visiting with the grandkids.

Here we are in Manatu Springs just after lunch.  Everyone wants to know if I brought back any pot since it is legal to buy there.  I'll never tell since it is illegal in Ohio.

Since we got back I resumed my carving of the second ball and claw foot for the Townsend Card Table.  I finished it today.  I recorded my progress using the time lapse photography that I used before.  The total time was about 4 hours for me to complete the carving over the last two days.  This I captured on an 11 minute video.
In this video you can see me carve the three remaining claws and talons.  Each of these is completed with the same process. After I completed them, I compared it with the other foot and found that the claws on the new one were a little larger than the other.  So I had to take a little off so they would match.

So the next step will be to carve the knee pattern.

Here is today's video:


No comments:

Post a Comment