Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

More Time Lapse - Continuing to Carve the 2nd Ball and Claw

Hopefully you enjoyed the first time lapse video.  This one is a little better since I changed the angle of the camera. 
The goal of this carving session is to finish rounding over the 2 sides on the back of the ball.  Locate where the hole goes under the back talon.  Make the hole.
After that I turn my attention to the top 2 front sides of the ball.  These need to be rounded over and a lot of material removed.  The top of the ball is under the front knuckle and it should slope back from there.  Also when you look at the ball from all sides it should look continuous as it flows under each of the 4 talons.  This also forms the front talons on top of the ball.
Note that I use a caliper to measure the first foot and make sure the second foot is similar in size.
After rounding over all 4 sides of the top, I start to round over the bottom 4 sides and match the curves with the top.  I will continue to refine the ball shapes as I refine the foot through all of the carving.  So you will see me go back to shaping the ball in most of the videos.
Let me know what you think.
Here is the second video

3 comments:

  1. The time lapse photography seems to work quite well and show your carving techniques.
    I really miss your audio description as you work, which the videos had.
    You'll have to train yourself to narrate, in the same timed intervals, as the time lapse photography!! Come on, you can do that!
    Have a Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I can add the audio after I make the video from the still pictures. I never thought of that, just added the music.

      Delete