Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

More Design Work and Cutting Out the Aprons

I went back to the drawing board and worked on the top view of the table.  This accomplished the view and dimensions of the cyma curves which are in the aprons.  It also allowed me to figure out the swing for the rear legs.  I am not sure about the length of the swing legs yet I think they are currently about 11".  I may want them longer, this would add more support for the back half of the top.  The top is 16 3/4" fixed and 16 3/4 swing, this combines to 33 1/2" top. The width of the top is 33 1/2" as well.
Once I completed the drawings, I was able to trace the outline on to poster board which I use for templates.  I have an inter curve and an outer curve for the apron and top respectively.  
I traced the template on to 1 1/2" stock, added 1" tenons which I cut a 45 degree end and bandsawed the shapes.  
Then I mortised the leg and fit it together.  I'll post another video tomorrow after I make the partial top to complete the prototype.
So here is today's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment