Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

Finishing up on the small audio cabinet and glue up of the large cabinet

I have sprayed lacquer on the small cabinet a couple of days ago.  So it is ready for rub out, wax and assembly.  I rubbed paste wax on with 0000 steel wool.  This removed the dust nubs and applied the wax. I rubbed it out with a cotton cloth.  This left a hand rubbed satin finish on the small cabinet.
I attached the top to the small cabinet with metal fasteners which allow for wood movement.
I also glued up the large cabinet.  I did it in two steps.  First I glued up the 2 sides. let them dry for a few hours and then I glued up end panels which completed the glue up process.  Doing it in 2 steps made it much simpler.
I am on waiting for it to dry.  Tomorrow I will spray the lacquer finish, then I will have to wait for it to cure for a couple of days before the rub out.
So here is today's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment