Search This Blog

Monday, May 19, 2014

Completing the Prototype and Reviewing the Dimensions

Today I put together the apron, right side and the leg.  To this I added two 2x2 legs cut from a 2x4.
So the front and side are the actual dimensions.  To this, I cut out one quarter of the top to match the right side and front of the table frame that I had made.
After assembling all of this, it is time to take a look at how all of these elements fit together and look.  Are they pleasing to the eye?  Are they functional, can you sit at the table and get your legs under the apron?
Doug Moulder came over today and reviewed the prototype.  He looked at it from all sides and sat at the table.  He gave it his blessing.  Now I am ready for the next steps.  I am going to carve a sample Newport foot and make a trip to wood heaven "Irion Lumber" to purchase some mahogany.
So here is today's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment