Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Progress on the Audio and TV Cabinets

It has been a couple of days since I started on the Audio and TV Cabinets.  I have milled the stock and rough cut all of the material to the specifications in the drawings.  
I cut to length the material for the longer cabinet, mortised and tenoned the joints and fit the pieces together.  So far so good.   After fitting the frame, I cut dados in the rails and glued up the botton.
It is easier to see what I did in the video than for me to describe the steps.
Tomorrow is Easter Sunday so I will not be working in the shop.  But on Monday I will fit the bottom panel and start to work on the top.
Here is today's video:

2 comments:

  1. Coming along quite nicely David. The oak looks good.It's almost a shame that the dark brown finish will hide it all.
    How did you cut the tenons on the very long rails? Maybe that was in a video I missed.
    Enjoy the day off,Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, I set up the radial arm saw with a stacked dado and used it to cut all the tenons to thickness. I used a hand saw to cut the sides. When I build the second cabinet I'll include some video for making the tenons.

    ReplyDelete