Search This Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Completed the TV Cabinet for my wife

In case you forgot I put 7 coats of Waterlox tung oil varnish on the TV cabinet that I am making for my wife. Ten days ago I put on the last coat.   I put it aside while I started making the audio cabinets for my neighbor.
Well, it has been long enough for the finish to harden so that it can be sanded.
This time when I used Waterlox it collected a lot of dust.  So, I have to wet sand the finish with 400 grit wet or dry sand paper.  I usually do this with mineral spirits but I don't like the smell.  So I thought I would try using soapy water.  I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked and with out the smell and glove required with mineral spirits.
I sanded it and wiped it down and let it dry.  After that I applied a paste wax with 0000 steelwool and buffed out the finish.  It looks pretty good.
My wife and I moved it into the parlor where she watches TV.
Now I have to finish the audio cabinets for my neighbor.
Here is today's video:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment