Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2014

Adding Molding to the Table - The return to Woodworking

Well, the disaster is over..  The basement has been cleaned, the plaster and lath are in the trash and the kitchen floor is still drying but it looks to be ok.
So now I can return to woodworking.  I got into the shop today and cleaned up all the shavings on the floor from making molding for the table.
I spent sometime coping one piece of the molding and it was difficult.  So I split it in to two pieces and the fitting was a little easier.  I think I am going to do it that way, I have to think about it a little more.  
I turned my attention to the 1/4 round on the bottom edge of the apron.  This should be much easier.  I made some 3/15 inch stock and rounded over the edge and then ripped it from the edge.
I made a bunch of it. I didn't want to run out, just in case there were a lot of do overs.
I cut some to length and coped the edges and fit it to the edge between the turrets.  It looks ok.
Slow going but I am half done.
Snow storm due tomorrow, good thing my shop is 80 feet from the back of my house.
Here is today's video:

1 comment:

  1. The molding pieces look nice David. You should have plenty to do tomorrow, just don't get snowed in the shop!
    Doug

    ReplyDelete