Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Glued Up Lower Apron Molding and Searching for the Upper Molding

Well I glued up the lower molding on the apron today after coping all the little pieces.  I am glad that is behind me.  So now I am again addressing the upper apron molding.  The last time I was not excited about how it looked.  So this afternoon I went back to look at all of the pictures I could find of other turret top tea tables.  A couple of the tables do not have molding along the top of the apron.  It looks ok but not finished.   The rest of them have molding which matches the profile of the turrets.  So, I guess I have to do it.   I made some new molding this afternoon, this time a little thicker than the last time.  I am still going to make it in two pieces since not all the turrets are exactly the same.  This allows me to make a better fit.  This is a slow process but I guess I have to do it.
So here is today's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment