Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Cutting Grooves With a Sandusky 119 Plow Plane - Old Fashioned Way

I finished the dovetails and assembled the six drawers.  Looks pretty good.


So the next step is to cut a 1/4 inch grove into the drawer sides to fit the drawer bottoms.
This could be done with a router but I am sure you would rather I did it with hand tools.
So I have a reproduction of a Sandusky 119 plow plane.  I made this last fall.    If you are interested there is another video on the plane here http://davidboefffurnituremaker.blogspot.com/2013/11/hollows-and-rounds.html
Using a 1/4 inch iron I set up the fence and depth stop for the 7/32 inch deep groove.


 I have the board clamped in and ready to cut.


I make a few passes and this one is done.  So now I have to do 11 more.


It did not take too long.  All finished.  Now I have to make the drawer bottoms.


Here is today's Video


2 comments:

  1. Outstanding job on the drawers and the dovetails. Your plough plane worked like a champ and no router noise or dust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you are right about the noise, but I had a pile of curlys at my feet

      Delete