Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Completed the Four Convex Drawer Front with the Steps From Practice

Well I have finished making the four good convex drawer fronts with the genuine mahogany.  It is a bunch of work, but they came out good.  I will do the final fitting after I have sanded and glued up the case.

I started by hand planing  the board.



This way I could pick out the good color and grain from the board for the amount of wood that I needed.


Then I milled it to 1 3/4 thick by 4 inches and cut it into 8 1/2 inch blocks.  I numbered them so that I could put them in the lowboy in order so the grain flows.


Then I marked them out and started with the process that I had developed with the test pieces.


First cutting out the fronts.



Then the clean up so I can route the round over on the front edges.


Then using two router setups I round over all four edges


Now I have to cut out a 1/4 inch curve on the top of the drawer front.


Last I have to cut 5/32 off of each side and the remaining material from the top.


Now that was easy!


Next I have to make the two concave drawer fronts.

Here is today's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment