Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Some History of My Woodworking

Well this is my first blog post.  I thought I would start blogging about my furniture making.  I have been making furniture for quite a number of years.  In the beginning, I made what I call square furniture. Like this:
It is a chest of drawers made from red oak, it does have a bow front drawer but that is relatively easy to make. I purchased the feet and applied the carvings.I did not do any carving in those days or use hand tools. I was a machine woodworker.   I also made arts and crafts style furniture like this:

My wife and I were at an antique show where I found a copy of  "Fine WoodWorking on Making Period Furniture" from 1985.  Not really an antique but it was among the old books.  I thought WOW if I could make furniture like in the magazine I would be a real furniture maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment