Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2013

Corner Turrets Are Not That Easy

Well I spent quite a bit of time in the shop the last two days.  I had turned the first solid turret which is used on the corner with the leg tenon through it and drilled a hole for the tenon.   I thought that it would be easy to pare the round hole to square but it turned out to be more work than I thought.  In addition, I cracked the turret at the weak point.  So, the first one turned out to be the prototype.  After cutting and fitting, I learned that the leg tenon should be 1 3/16" instead of 1 1/4" and I used my hollow chisel mortise to drill out the holes.
I turned another 4 turrets and followed my new process and I am now about done with the corner turrets.
So, here is the latest video.

No comments:

Post a Comment