Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Spokeshave, Planing and Scraping Work on the Second Table Top

I took the weekend off since we went out of town to a ski resort.  We didn't ski but we had a great time with the grandkids.   So I am back in the shop today.  I have decided to clean up and flatten the second table top so that I have a choice in which one that I am going to use in the final assembly.  It will be interesting if I decide to carve both table tops.  Right now the carving of the molding around the parameter seems like a lot of work and will be challenging.
The clean up of the table top is not that easy, I am using planes, spokeshave, carving chisels, and scrapers to get it flat and smooth.  My arm is sore from repetitive motion and I still have half of the top to go.
Here is the video from today's work. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment